Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Visitors-Neptune (Cobblestone-1972)


















I love this album. A little while back, my HD crashed and as a result, I sort of forgot about this album and how much I liked it. One of my favorite jazz albums. Jazz is a broad term, so to avoid any confusion, and for the "less informed" this has been considered "Spiritual Jazz." Sort of corny if you ask me, but then again what do I know? I'm no critic, or philosophizer.

▪ Neptune
▪ Naima
▪ Reflections
▪ China
▪ Pisces
▪ Pat´s Tune

One interesting fact about The Visitors, is that the main members of the group were Earl and Carl Grubbs, who just happened to be cousins with Juanita Naima Grubbs, ex wife of Mr. John Coltrane. Apparently, he gave them lessons when he first started to date their cousin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just listening to this now -
....sounds amazing
thank you indeed!
best wishes
pj

ej23 said...

Yeah, this one is timeless. Glad you like it, and thanks for your visit.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for re-upping this great album. I had heard the 4Hero remix and loved it but the original is amazing. Much appreciated. Jam_brit.